- Strengthen Your Practice Routine. Preparing for a recital provides additional motivation that encourages students in their daily practicing.
- Build Confidence. Even though performing in front of an audience can cause some butterflies in the stomach, the accomplishment of a recital performance (and the audience’s applause) builds confidence.
- Express Yourself. Performing a song in a personal style or interpretation expresses to the audience how a performer feels about the music.
- Accept Mistakes. No one is ever perfect in a live performance (even professional musicians make mistakes) and with each recital experience students learn that the overall performance is what matters and not a wrong note here and there.
- Earn Recognition. Music students practice regularly every week. Recitals are an opportunity for family and friends to recognize the hard work and effort that has been put in by the student.
For information about music lessons at the Altadena Academy of Music, please call (626) 296-0799 or use our email contact form.